What is CrossFit Endurance?
“CrossFit Endurance is an endurance sports training program dedicated to improving performance, fitness and endurance sports potential. We inspire, coach, and provide our community with the most aggressive and proven fundamentals of sports science, exercise physiology, nutrition, and athletic training protocols.
Power and speed are critical components to success in the endurance world… We focus on eliminating unnecessary volume of training while increasing intensity. Our programming is structured, sport-specific and seamlessly integrated with Olympic lifts, powerlifting, gymnastics movements, explosive activity and mobility-based support…
Our strength and conditioning approach for endurance athletes is unparalleled. We incorporate the CrossFit fundamentals of being constantly varied. Repetition is the enemy and results in a decreased ability to build fitness”
Breaking Down CrossFit Endurance
- A skill & movement-based approach to training for all sports. We specialize in efficient, yet effective movement and strength training programs focusing on your specific sport.
- Our goals are your goals: to help athletes achieve personal bests while allowing them to stay healthy.
- Meaningful training for improvements in your endurance, stamina, conditioning and strength.
- In an age where “more is better”, where we rely on technology, our doctors, or some system or gadget to tell us how and when to proceed, we offer a return to fundamentals.
- Endurance is the needed ingredient in any sport requiring the athlete to last until the end of the game or race. Our goal is to have you finish, not “survive.”
Q&A of Our Program
- Q: In order to build endurance and stamina, you will need to go for a run or bike for a really, really, really long time, right?
- A: Well, kind of. But that’s not the entire story. If you want to stay stronger for longer out on a race course, you need to two things (1) VO2 max and (2) lactate threshold. As you move faster, the quicker the adaptation of both will become. And in CrossFit-type workouts, your expose your body to more stimulus in a shorter time than you can achieve doing a single movement alone.
- Q: CrossFit is a strength program and therefore builds muscle and muscle slows you down. How will this make me a better endurance athlete?
- A: Muscle doesn’t slow you down, bulk slows you down. If, for example, two runners are completely equal in every respect except for muscular strength, the stronger will be faster over any distance. The lower percentage of maximum strength needed for each stride will translate into improved efficacy and therefore greater endurance. If for example one runner can squat 10% more weight than another, his muscles will not have to work as hard to move the body forward, which can translate to significant endurance gains. And there’s more…When muscles don’t need to work as hard, they also don’t require as much oxygen or circulating blood and therefore will not put as much demand on the heart, which in turn will lower that rate at which it beats. A significant improvement in endurance will be the result.
Q: How will the program fit into my normal endurance training?
- A: We offer a completely customized program that will follow your race schedule (e.g. intro, tapering, peak, off-season). We can also help with specific skill improvement. The program can work in combination with a current endurance training routine, as well as serve as a stand-alone/all-encompassing program. CrossFit Asphodel offers:
- Completely customized programs, including in-gym 1:1 coaching or done online with occasional in-gym consultations
- Programs that work alongside your current program, which can be done in a CrossFit class or online (will require occasional consultations to determine specific needs)
- Joining regular CrossFit classes (special package rates)